Are you looking for some fun and easy activities to brighten up your speech therapy sessions? If so, check out these St. Patrick’s Day articulation and language activities that you can try today!
Send this blog post to your work email or bookmark this page so you can keep the ideas flowing! For more resource roundups, click here!
Books (affiliate links):
– “How to Catch a Leprechaun“
– “There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Clover“
– “The Night Before St. Patrick’s Day“
– “Pete the Cat: The Great Leprechaun Chase“
– “St. Patrick’s Day“
– “Lucky the Farting Leprechaun“
– “The Magic Hat Shop“
– “Pout-Pout Fish: Lucky Leprechaun“
Sensory Bottle Idea:
Check out these fun St. Patrick’s Day sensory bottles from Pocket of Preschool
St. Patrick’s Day Music:
– Click here to play some Irish tunes for your students.
Traditional Riverdance Video:
– Show your students Irish stepdancing with this traditional riverdance video.
Virtual Fieldtrip Idea:
– Take your students to the NYC St. Patrick’s Day parade! (Content warning – there are military members with guns marching in the parade. It’s nothing you wouldn’t see in any other parade with military members or what you see in the Star Spangled Banner performances. Preview the video first to see if it’s appropriate for your students.)
St. Patrick’s Day Articulation & Language Activities:
– Build a Leprechaun Boom Cards
– Activity Mats
– Print & Go Craft with Bulletin Board Set Included
– Print & Go Activities for Mixed Groups
– Print & Go Wrist Bands
– Whole Thematic Unit
St. Patrick’s Day Bulletin Board Idea:
– I used these print and go crafts for this bulletin board.
I highly recommend setting up a little leprechaun trap. The students LOVE this every year.