Are you looking for some fun Thanksgiving speech therapy activities? If so, you’ve come to the right place! Here you’ll find a huge list of free and paid resources that cover articulation, language, and everything in-between in fun and unique ways.
*Send this blog post to your work email or bookmark this page so you can keep the ideas flowing! For more resource roundups, click here!
Books (affiliate links):
“Turkey Trouble” – Crowd favorite. I use this one a lot.
“Duck for Turkey Day” – Absolutely love this one! It discusses different culinary traditions & promotes diversity.
“How to Catch a Turkey” – Fun activity listed near the end of the post with a picture included
“Balloons Over Broadway“
“A Plump and Perky Turkey“
“There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Turkey“
“Bear Says Thanks“
Free Sensory Bin:
– Click here for a free Thanksgiving sensory bin!
– For more free sensory bins sent directly to you inbox, subscribe to my free email list!
– For the picture on the left, I used card holders instead of a sensory bin. You can find those specific ones here!
Free Sensory Bottle Idea:
–Click here to check out a fun turkey sensory bottle.
Thanksgiving Speech and Language Money-Saving Bundle!
– Click here for easy-to-use digital and printable Thanksgiving activities to use across your entire caseload.
Articulation and Language Activities:
– Digital and Printable Speech Therapy Activity Mats
– Thanksgiving Following Directions Worksheets
– Thanksgiving Articulation Worksheets Filled with Thanksgiving Vocabulary
Articulation and Language Crafts:
– Football Turkey Craft
– Turkey Buddies for Articulation and Language
– Thanksgiving Pie Craft
– Thanksgiving Bracelets for Mixed Groups and Carryover
– Thanksgiving Plate Craft for Mixed Groups
Free Boom Card Activity for Speech and Language:
– Build a Cornucopia Set
Free Thanksgiving Book Companion:
– Click here to download this book companion for “There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Turkey”
Bulletin Board Idea:
– Click here for the Bulletin Board Set shown below! It’s only $3.00 and you get crafts for both articulation and language, as well as the bulletin board letters and door décor signs!
– Click here for print and go seasonal bulletin board crafts! The bundle includes everything you need for easy, functional articulation and language bulletin boards all year round.
Thanksgiving Activity Ideas:
– Activity Idea #1 – Plan a Thanksgiving party using grocery store ads. For articulation students, have them find party items (food, drinks, decorations, utensils, paper products, etc.) that contain their target sound. You can get creative with some things like we did below – saying “really good cupcakes” or “pumpkin pie crust” to work in those /r/ sounds. For language, you can tailor the activity whichever way best fits their goal. This is fun, easy, and free. I have been doing it for years and the some students ask about it around Thanksgiving, wanting to do it again.
– Activity Idea #2 – Use Play-Doh and feathers to make turkeys in disguise. This activity goes great with “Turkey Trouble”, where the main character (a turkey) keeps trying to disguise himself as something else. This is a great stand-alone activity or works well as a reinforcer.